Saturday 9 April 2011

Pale Foundations - Chanel Mat Lumiere

Mat Lumiere is the best fluid foundation I have tried so far! It's the oily skin version of Pro Lumiere and if you have ever heard the Pixiwoos gush about this foundation, you should have believed them. Obviously I got the lightest shade, which is 05 Faience.

The foundation goes on really silkily and feels light on the skin although it provides medium coverage and excellent staying power. Personally, I prefer to apply mattifying foudations with my fingers, rather than a brush, as I feel that the warmth of my hands helps me to work the foundation better into the skin.
Mat Lumiere has good oil control although I do need to blot & powder by  midday. Watch out of the pump, which clots up easily and then spray in all directions. Chanel's colour range is not the best, which is true for both sides of the spectrum and I think I could do with even one shade lighter.

At £30 it's a splurge, but one that is worth it in my opinon. Once you have saved up, you can get it at Selfridges

No comments:

Post a Comment